The joy of Remembering the birth of Christ is complete in knowing that He fulfilled his purpose by paying our penalty for sins.
Have you accepted him in your heart and made him Lord over your life?
As we celebrate this season let’s remember that Jesus is the reason for the season.
If you remove the reason then it all becomes meaningless.
There were several wonders that surrounds the birth of Christ.
1. Born of a virgin.
The conception was of the holy spirit. It had never been heard before and has never happened after. Mary was in grave danger of being stoned for immorality but from Joseph his fiancee to all the family members they all believed her story. She spoke the truth about the Angel’s visit and the words spoken to her. The God who orchestrated this convinced everyone who heard the story and thus spared Mary from the ridicule and shame.
2.Barreness was eliminated
Now Elizabeth and Zechariah were old and barren. I bet they had already given up the hope of ever being parents. They were in Continuous Service in the temple. Offering sacrifices for others and fulfilling their priesthood duties. But in God’s calendar Jesus needed a predecessor and they were the perfect couple to fulfill this purpose. Mary needed someone who can process the news with too. So when the angel give mary the words he also shared with her about Elizabeth being six months pregnant. The lord was concerned with Mary support system as she carried out the great assignment.
I always Imagine what was going on in Joseph’s mind. Did he feel betrayed and cheated? He must have loved Mary so purely. He planned on not embarrassing her, dumping her in privy.He had not spoken to anyone about his plans but as he was contemplating on how to go about it, the Lord appeared and defended Mary. Surely our thoughts are not hid from the Lord!
I admire Joseph boldness believing in the word of the Lord and embracing Mary as she was.
and he made of one every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed seasons, and the bounds of their habitation;
Acts 17:26 ASV
Imagine that God determines the places we will be born and also the time. In fulfilling all the prophecies concerning the birth of Christ, Mary and Joseph took a journey to fulfill a census call. All this for Jesus to be born in the right place according to the scriptures. Yeah Bethlehem and on a merger to fulfill the prophecy.
I have pointed out this wonderful scenarios to Express the divine planning for the birth of Christ. You are special to God and for our sake everything was articulated efficiently. There should be no place for doubts concerning our Lord Jesus Christ.
Believe in Him.
Confess your Belief
Embark on living a life of liberty.
Merry Merry Christmas
¤●Pastor Lucy Paynter
When pride comes then comes disgrace but with humility comes wisdom.
Pride is a a feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one’s own achievements. (Dictionary)
The reason why I feel the need to write about pride is because I have seen many great people fall from glory to grass because of pride.
I call pride a peddler because it exchange what you got that’s is of great destiny for the feeling of satisfaction.
Pride peddling started in Heaven. It brought Lucifer down. I believe that pride is the original sin.
“Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: “ ‘You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you: carnelian, chrysolite and emerald, topaz, onyx and jasper, lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl. Your settings and mountings were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared. You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones. You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you.
Ezekiel 28:12-15 NIV
1. You were a seal of perfection
2.Full of wisdom
3. Perfect in beauty.
4. Blameless in your ways.
Lucifer had a combination of all endowments that anyone would desire to have. (On the day you were created they were prepared. )
The creation team took time while designing Lucifer. He was a mark of perfection.
He was Blameless until wickedness was found in him. Wicked thoughts of how he can be equal to God 🤔
The opposite of pride is humility. One of the most fascinating definitions of being humble is not to think you are as important as the other.
I read this and a light bulb flashed in my mind. So does it mean that pride is in the mind? Yeah it all begins in the mind. As a man thinks in his heart so is he.
This understanding lead me to a deeper self reflection of my thinking and the level of pride I may be harboring in me.
I used to think Iam more important than some girls in my grade school. I always got the top position every semester. That achievement made me feel special and unique. I started thinking I am better because I study harder while the other girls are just discussing the hot boys. Through this thought process my attitude changed,my walking style changed, I cat- walked shoulders high feeling like I own the world. I remember one of my classmates got pregnant at the age of 13yrs and she became the talk of the school as well as the estate we lived in. My attitude towards her was outright rude and outrageous. I spoke harshly to her,questioning how she could be that stupid. I remember telling her I can never make such a mistake.
Pride makes us feel more powerful than others, more wiser ,more privileged and so on.
Lucifer was deceived by his magnificent looks,wisdom and ability to lead worship in Heaven. The other angels admired his position it got in his mind. He was cast down from Heaven with a third of angels.
We are living in an era where the devil is planting the seeds of pride in the hearts of many. It is his subtle way to ensure that many will self sabotage their destiny.
Self Afflicted Resistance.
In life’s journey we strive to achieve our goals and
realize our dreams. Every successful person shares
their measures of struggles and challenges they
encounter on their pursuits to succeed. Quitters are
ones who give up too soon because of the resistance
they face.No one gets everything served on a silver
platter with a silver spoon.
Many a times our hardwork and results thereof can
become a source of Pride.
Have you reached to the point where you notice
stagnation or stunted growth?
I realized that not all resistance is from people
or from the devil.
If you are resisted by people your persistence will
eventually bear fruits and you will succeed.
If you are resisted by the enemy , through prayers
and declaration of the word of God a breakthrough
Now the worst resistance is from God.
Yeah I said been resisted by God!
I am calling it self inflicted resistance because when
you harbor pride you automatically align yourself
to this resistance.
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God
resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
James 4:6 KJV
●Pastor Lucy Paynter
A night spent in His PRESENCE is always worth.
On 19th December purpose not to sleep, come let us seek the Lord.
It will be a night of Express worship and Supplication.
An Encounter with the King.
*Crying* is a dimension of prayer and one of the languages of travail. However, you can’t talk about travail without talking about conception, which has to do with pregnancy. In other words, there has to be conception before travail. Therefore, when the seed of God’s Word goes forth, it’s spermatic, and it’s looking for a womb in order to cause pregnancy, growth, and labor. For, example the Children of Israel lived in Egypt for 430 years [see Exodus 12:40] However, from the womb of Egypt, came forth Moses; when the children of Israel began to cry out to God, the crying was a signification that their time and season had come, it was a symbol that their time had come to full term and that God had heard them.
Travail is the place in prayer where you labor in the spirit to position yourself to release that what God has placed in your spirit. It’s intense and it’s strategic. It’s a place of positioning in order to birth out!
*Birthing out* is that time after crying and travailing that God allows you to bring forth through prayer in the spirit that what He has placed in your spirit.
So, I say to the Body of Christ, it is time for us to cry out, travail, and birth out what God is allowing you to carry.
Prayer is a birth canal. It creates and establishes a place for God to cultivate and nurture holiness, righteousness, purity and Godly character in us. Prayer creates an atmosphere where everyone carries a spirit of prayer, not just a belief of prayer but a behavior of prayer, a conviction of prayer, a mantle of prayer. Prayer can stop things. Prayer stretches and creates.
openings that enable us to birth the will and purpose of God in the earth. Prayer brings you to a place where you partner with God. You establish a divine relationship, which makes you a co-creator and co-controller in the universe with Him. Prayer influences what happens on earth. When earth prays, heaven responds. If nothing leaves earth-nothing leaves heaven. Prayer is something that works. Prayer is powerful. Prayer is a deadly and effective weapon for destroying the works of the enemy. Prayer is stretching out with expectation and unleashing the power of God. Prayer reaches into another dimension and brings the Kingdom of God into your environment, situation, circumstances, your space, your home, your city, and your nation. Prayer breaks the cedars, divides the flames of fire and shakes the wilderness of Ka’desh- (Psalm 29:8).
Prayer establishes boundaries, borders, and parameters. Prayer pushes back evil spirits, entities and despotisms. Prayer is standing, building, resisting, renouncing, forbidding, disallowing, decreeing, declaring and establishing. Prayer is communion with God, which is a relationship from heart to throne, spirit to spirit invading the impossible and breaking human limitations. Prayer is standing in the gap, building up a hedge of protection and crying out to God. Prayer is stretching out with expectation and unleashing the power of God. Prayer is reaching into another dimension and bringing the Kingdom of God into your environment, situation, circumstances, your space, your home, city, nation, and your church.
Living Waters from the River of Life
On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.  Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.”  By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.
- •• Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit would “flow”from within believers like “rivers of living water” (38, KJV).
- • A remarkable illustration of these God-given rivers of the living water of life may be found in Ezekiel, chapter 47 (see below).
- • Let’s read that inspiring Scripture portion and then see some of the great applications of that water of life in our spiritual lives in the 21st century.
Ezekiel 47:1-12 The man brought me back to the entrance of the temple, and I saw water coming out from under the threshold of the temple toward the east (for the temple faced east). The water was coming down from under the south side of the temple, south of the altar….  As the man went eastward with a measuring line in his hand, he measured off a thousand cubits and then led me through water that was ankle-deep.  He measured off another thousand cubits and led me through water that was knee-deep. He measured off another thousand and led me through water that was up to the waist.  He measured off another thousand, but now it was a river that I could not cross, because the water had risen and was deep enough to swim in — a river that no one could cross.  He asked me, “Son of man, do you see this?” Then he led me back to the bank of the river.  When I arrived there, I saw a great number of trees on each side of the river.  He said to me, “This water flows toward the eastern region and goes down into the Arabah, where it enters the Sea. When it empties into the Sea, the water there becomes fresh.  Swarms of living creatures will live wherever the river flows. There will be large numbers of fish, because this water flows there and makes the salt water fresh; so where the river flows everything will live.  Fishermen will stand along the shore; from En Gedi to En Eglaim there will be places for spreading nets. The fish will be of many kinds — like the fish of the Great Sea.  But the swamps and marshes will not become fresh; they will be left for salt.  Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing.”
- •• This is a river of life-giving water flowing from God’s altar in His temple.
## The key verse (vs. 9) says: “Where the river flows everything will live.”
- •• Remember Jesus’ words, likening the Holy Spirit to “rivers of living water.”
- •• I suggest that a person can take five approaches to this living water:
- (1) Stay on the bank entirely = never get saved.
- (2) Step in ankle-deep [vs. 3] = receive the initial presence within of the Holy Spirit at salvation, but no more.
- (3) Wade in knee-deep [vs. 4] = minister as best you can with the Holy Spirit in you from salvation, but without the baptism with the Holy Spirit that is described in Acts 1:5,8; 2:4.
- (4) Wade in waist-deep [vs. 4] = receive the baptism with the Holy Spirit and begin to feel the “flow” of God’s river.
- (5) Enter living waters that are over your head[vs. 5] = you no longer control things; the Holy Spirit is fully in charge.
- •• [vs. 6] “Son of man, do you see this?” — The hasty answer is, “Of course.” But think … do you really seethis?
- • The early Church, full of this vibrant, life-giving water, brought life everywhere it went. Do we?
- •• An intellectualized Gospel brings people in ankle-deep at best.
- • The Pentecostal experience may bring us in as far as waist-deep.
- • But the overwhelming life of the Spirit is found in those like the Bible’s writers who were “carried along by the Holy Spirit” (2 Peter 1:21).
- • That is, where we are baptized and filled with the Spirit, but also fully yielded and following the Spirit.
## [vs. 9] “Where the river [of God’s Spirit] flows, everything will live.”
- •• [vs. 8] “When it empties into the [dead] sea, the water there becomes fresh.”
- • All that is now stagnant, stale, and lifeless can be brought to fresh and vibrant life by the Holy Spirit.
- •• [vs. 9] “Swarms of living creatures will live wherever the river flows.”
- • As in 3,000 at Pentecost! (Acts 2:1,41)“Swarms” come to the Lord when the living water is flowing.
- •• [vs. 10] “Fishermen will stand along the shore.” — Jesus wants to make Spirit-filled people into effective “fishers of men.”
- •• [vs. 10] “The fish will be of many kinds.” — Don’t limit your vision. The living water can bring life to “many kinds” of people — Muslims, Hindus, goddess worshipers, unbelievers of every sort. Plenty of fish will end up in God’s nets as the harvest of souls is drawn in.
- •• [vs. 11] “But the swamps and marshes will not become fresh.” — a warning to us not to let the living waters stagnate. Keep your spiritual life alive, fresh, and vibrant.
- •• [vs. 12] “Fruit trees of all kinds … will bear, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them.”
- • Want to bear fruit? The fruit of souls won? the fruit of disciples growing in God? the fruit of lives dramatically changed?
- (1) Wade into the Holy Spirit’s waters over your head.
- (2) Yield yourself totally to God’s flow.
- (3) Let those waters flow to others.
- (4) “Where the river flows everything will live.”
- • Want to bear fruit? The fruit of souls won? the fruit of disciples growing in God? the fruit of lives dramatically changed?